Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How can I low child support and do I have a change paying

Customer Question
How can I low child...
How can I low child support and do I have a change for not paying 20% of my netpay ? I have a joint custody agreement in IL and the divorce is not final. I have my son Allen, when school is session Thursday through Monday morning even other week. Wednesday and Thursday for evening dinner, 4:30pm to 7:30pm. Holidays even years. During the summer when school is out of session. I get Allen Monday though Wednesday drop off at 8pm even week. Saturday and Sunday other even weekend. My ex work full time and get pay 55,000 a year. I make 80,000 a year. Allen is in daycar 10 hours a day for 5 days of the week with me doing all the Transportation pick up and drop off. I believe my lawyer is have my best interest and this is a rare case in Illinois. Pleace help. Robert
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can you give me a sample of a rare case of child support in Illinois for child support reductions?
I would love to talk to you please call me(###) ###-####
11/8/2015
Family Lawyer: mmdesq, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

Child support is determined by guidelines enacted by the legislature. It takes into consideration income from both parties as if they were living in the same household. Based upon that new household income a basic child support amount is recommended under the guidelines. The problem with any system ir guidelines is that one size does not always fit all. This is why deviations are allowed for unique circumstances. Your unique circumstances that must be focused upon are the substantial amount of custodial time that you have with your child, the fact that you're doing all the transportation and the fact that 50 hours per week the child is also not with either parent. Child support needs to be awarded in accordance with the best interest of the child. Your attorney will need to argue that without a deviation you will have limitations on what you will be able to do and provide for the child during your periods of custody. You need to be able to provide for your child during your periods of custody the same as mother. I think your case sounds like an excellent candidate for a deviation.

I think this is a very strong case for a deviation.

Can a judge make you pay, a unlicensed daycare provider , that is not agreed upon?

Yes it is possible if the charges are reasonable. Mother will also need to provide proof and payment. You are going to demand cancelled checks showing that they were deposited and cleared. If mother claims cash you're going to request copy of the receipt as well as the withdrawal slip showing the cast coming out of her account.

Even though she's living with the Unlicensed daycare provider and her causes living is less than Daycare.

I said it is possible. I did not know she was living there. May assume this daycare is a family member? If so you need to argue against it and demand proof of payment and that the recipient is disclosing alleged payments as income on tax return. It sounds like to take bs to me.

Thanks for all your help, where can I find information and articles on that New household income basic child support in IL?
You mentioned it in your first answer

Www.ilga.gov

Statute is 759 ILCS 505

mmdesq
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney