How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex girlfriend, mother of my 9 year old daughter is

Customer Question

My ex girlfriend, mother of my 9 year old daughter is engaged to a man I just found out has arrests for assault, 2nd degree rape 3 DUIs, breaking and entering, indecent exposure. Most have been disposed. I dont want my daughter living there. Can I get full custody. Now have shared, but mother is custodial.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The fact that your ex's fiancé has been charged isn't nearly as serious as if he were convicted of any or all of these offenses. Thus, the fact that this guy has had more than his fair share of run-ins with the law is not a guarantee that a judge would grant you sole custody.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Instead, the judge would have to look at what is in the child's best interest.....and you could still possibly prove that based on his propensities of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and courts could look at that as being a basis to keep the child away from this guy.

Related Family Law Questions