How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was legally separated in county in 2007 now he filed in

Customer Question

Was legally separated in cook county in 2007 now he filed for divorce in Florida I am I received three different paperwork all answers were different I didnt know how to respond I am living in In and am so confused. I need to answer summons as assets were threatened now I received notice of action it had three 000 in front of the original number I also found a life estate that quit claim that his ladyfriend filed from her to him and her with there four children mine listed first. I have many questions.
I was have to get attorney in Fla.
First I received a forms a summons with his money assets attached. and a change of name form. It mentioned something about mediation
Then I received just a plain file form for legal dissolution w/o dependant children or property no mediation
The above stated notice of action. Was received in Oct is this on the property or dissolutin I have not answered been getting run around from attorneys in IN and IL
I know they dont know about the original case in IL he gives me marital maintanence under guise of child support because original case wa wrapped around an order of protection. He had prior attempts on my life. I dont want to go to fla for this reason
but cant get representation here to help with case there. Dont know what to do first. If that isnt bad enough both daughters have physical and emotional problems and are single mom in need of financial help. My health insurance with husband and he was ordered to take care of that for me in original decree. He now mentioned that was going to get state of IL to release him from maintanence. I am afraid because he said he had to pay for medicare and was two hundred short last month it affected me. What can I do at this late stage dont want it to go into default he and I have seen each other and he has been stalking my house. He has my phone number. Therefore all the documents stating he cant find me are not true!! In I saw him he said he wasnt going to divorce me not to do anything. Helpp !
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid we do not quite understand your question. If he filed for divorce in FL, then you have to answer and fight the divorce in FL, not in IN and not in IL. Can you please specify your question for us? Thank you.