How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's father is trying to get custody. This has been 8

Customer Question

My son's father is trying to get custody. This has been 8 yrs of dcs calls, indefimation of charecter, police calls, and court because of him. His paper states unstable home life, drygs, dcs that he called 90% of the time, child support, domestic violence, partners in and out which has only been two, school and drs appointments. Im a single mom with my own plce great job. He also has a brother from a diff dad. I have never been in trouble nor has dcs ever opened a case. I'm trying to figure out if I need a lawyer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Is your ex accusing you of being unstable and an unfit parent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be easier to talk over phone to explain
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You have not accepted the phone call offer.

If you still need assistance, kindly accept the offer or respond to my information request so that I can further assist you.