How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You recommended in a previous thread that I bifurcate my

Customer Question

You recommended in a previous thread that I bifurcate my divorce. Is this something I need an attorney for or can I do it myself? thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You should have an attorney if you have a need to bifurcate the divorce, but you do not need to have one. You can complete Form FL-300 and check "Other" and type under "Other" "Bifurcation of Marital Status," then on page 3 of 4 check No. 8 and type "Bifurcation of Marital Status" and on page 4 check "Facts in Support" and type out why you want the bifurcation.
So you can file this yourself if you choose.