How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are still married. However, the

Customer Question

My husband and I are still married. However, the relationship is very tense. He spends most of his time sleeping at night. I am lonely and have some health issues. I do not feel safe being at home alone. I hire a live in paid from my family fund. He kicked her out and threatened her. Doe he have the legal right to do so?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


No, he doesn't have the legal right to force someone that you have given permission to be in the home to leave. Whether they are performing services for you or are simply your guest, you have an exactly equal right to use and possession of the marital home with him. So neither of you can force an invited guest of the other to leave the home.