How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10267
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a grandparent, what are my financial rights and

Customer Question

As a grandparent , what are my financial rights and limitations? My son has passed away.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

My sympathies for your loss. Are you referring to grandparent visitation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already been to court been fighting for over night week-ends once a month for three year's now. I have already had a DNA done and it prove's the little boy belongs to my son that has passed away, I've been on supervised visitation for two year's now which the judge ordered so my grandson would get to know me and he does, the just has already order me this visitation once my grandson and I perform a relationship, one week-end a month which will take place the third week-end of the month, 5 days in summer not to run with my week-end after Christmas, and Thankgiving, and easter from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. But the mother and grandmother has caused me nothing buy, trouble ever since I started my visitation. They don't want any of my son's people in Winston's life but, she wants to draw $1000.00 a month off of him. When it gets close to time for court shr always does something to cause me trouble so the judge won't let me have week-end over nights. She has a pattern of saying she's moving out of town and this past week-end we got into a fight or argurment pushing and shuving it was after visitation was called off because she brought pit bull dog to visitation and I wouldn't visit because she wouldn't take it away from the park. It's againdt thr law to have one in a public park. when we went to court that wasn't brought up
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this. If there is court ordered visitation and a parent is frustrating the court's purpose, it is possible to go to court and request that a different third party supervisor be appointed. This can be a family member of a family friend, or even a professional supervisor. If the court feels that the parent is acting in bad faith, they can even order the parent to pay for any necessary professional fees. When going to court, it would be helpful to have a copy of the ordinance/policy showing that the animal was not allowed at the park and thus indicated bad faith.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any questions on the above?
If so please post here.


Kindly Rate Postively- this will not result in additional charges but will help me out. Thank yoU!