How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My niece is jail. Is there anyway I can get custody of her

Customer Question

My niece is jail. Is there anyway I can get custody of her kids? They are staying with the father's mother and it's not the best environment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If the environment is a danger to the children or is potentially putting them in Harm's way, I suggest you could talk to the local Child Protective Services and seek their help in getting the custody of the children, on a temporary basis.

Where is the Father?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

What do you find Not the Best environment for them?

Is the Mother too old, abusive, an alcoholic or drug abuser? Are there strangers in the house?

What exactly?