How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28028
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do charge a lawyer that is representing a client with

Customer Question

How do charge a lawyer that is representing a client with interference of custody of a child and also willfully promoting his client to not follow a court orders custody order.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. There are two issues here. The first, is the other parties failure to comply with a court order. If they are failing to do as ordered, you can take them back to court and seek to hold them in contempt. They would need to appear and go before the Judge, to explain why they are failing to comply with the courts order. The judge can step in and compel them to act or else find them in contempt and take action. The second issue is if the attorney is acting in bad faith and doing something illegal or unethical. If that is the case, you can first, address it with the Judge when you seek to hold the party in contempt and even go after the attorney as well AND file a bar complaint and have the conduct of the attorney looked into. Here is a link if you want to file a complaint and the process also.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the pa disciplinary board. They said that since it is not my lawyer they cannot do any thing. What can I do?
The lawyer is breaking the law and telling his client to do the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My I file contempt paper for the lawyer and a private criminal complaint against the lawyer for this problem? How do I get the DA to file charges of this problem when the client repeat breaking the custody order.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

This would need to be addressed with the Judge then and you need to advise that the client is failing to comply with the court order and it is a direct result of his attorney advising him to do so. This way, the Judge can look into this and determine if both should be held in contempt and sanctioned, which the Judge can do. Now, the DA files criminal charges, so you would need to speak with them directly and have them look into the matter to see if they will directly file charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get a judge to look at the situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This lawyer and client have violated two different custody orders.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

It would be the motion for contempt. The clerk of court should have a form for you to fill out and file to start the process. You would need to show the other party is failing to comply ( which is easy) and then ( which is harder), that their attorney advised them to do this. If they violated two different ordered there would be two different violations they would need to answer to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS there a way to do this a an emergency?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can file a contempt motion against the lawyer? Just the same way as the client.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to show willfulness on form both the lawyer and the client.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is correct. It would need to be done for both. As far as it being an emergency, you would need to get it set for hearing as soon as possible and would need to speak with the clerk of court or assistant of the Judge, depending on who sets the hearings.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!