How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34746
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a grandparent in Oklahoma. My daughter was divorced in

Customer Question

I'm a grandparent in Oklahoma. My daughter was divorced in 2009 and deceased as of June 2015. Her two daughters are in Texas. The father has custody, but we were always able to see them every summer and Christmas or Thanksgiving. What legal rights do we have to ensure that we continue to see them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for the loss of your child.

Texas law does support grandparents rights. That is, under Texas law, you can apply to the court to be granted visitation with the children. Grandparents may file suit requesting custody if they believe it is in the child's best interest. You would need to file a motion with the court (the county court, in the county where the children live) and request the court grant you access to the children. If you can show that visitation with you would be good for the children, the court will grant you access.

You would need to have a local (Texas) attorney prepare and present the case to the court for you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is the nominal fee to talk to you?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I sent the offer. It was for $20. If you accept I can provide my phone #