How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife was not granted reentry back into the U.S.. I want

Customer Question

My wife was not granted reentry back into the U.S. for fraud. I want to divorce her so I can move on with my life. She is undocumented and cannot return. My question is when I send the divorce to sign and she does not sign it can I still get divorced? We have 3 children who live with me ages 9 7 4.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

You will need to serve her according to the requires for service of the country she us residing for it to be valid.

The is a Hague convention on service that says the requirements. Your complaint will likely need to be translated into the language of the country in which she is residing.