Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have 2 -racial granddaughters, 6 and 1.5. My son and the

Customer Question

I have 2 bi-racial granddaughters, 6 and 1.5. My son and the mom were together 9 years but never married. Now she is scorned and my son is in jail based on false allegations made by her and people she has gotten to lie. She is withholding the kids from our side of the family (but yet tries to extort money) because he had no open custody case, I can't apply for Joinder and get grandparent rights. She is unfit and emotionally, mentally, uses drugs and alcohol and neglectful and surrounds herself with a criminal element which because she uses drugs could put the kids at risk for molestation or worse. What can I do? Avvo answers are useless.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are the mother and children in CA?

2. Do you have a pre-existing relationship with the grandchildren?

3. Why would you consider applying for Joinder?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

If you can provide me with the information requested, I may be able to give you precise instructions to seeking your grandparent rights,