How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 -racial granddaughters, 6 and 1.5. My son and the

Customer Question

I have 2 bi-racial granddaughters, 6 and 1.5. My son and the mom were together 9 years but never married. Now she is scorned and my son is in jail based on false allegations made by her and people she has gotten to lie. She is withholding the kids from our side of the family (but yet tries to extort money) because he had no open custody case, I can't apply for Joinder and get grandparent rights. She is unfit and emotionally, mentally, uses drugs and alcohol and neglectful and surrounds herself with a criminal element which because she uses drugs could put the kids at risk for molestation or worse. What can I do? Avvo answers are useless.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are the mother and children in CA?

2. Do you have a pre-existing relationship with the grandchildren?

3. Why would you consider applying for Joinder?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

If you can provide me with the information requested, I may be able to give you precise instructions to seeking your grandparent rights,

Related Family Law Questions