Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am curious can child support continue to take me to court

Customer Question
Hi there i am curious...
Hi there i am curious can child support continue to take me to court if me and the mom our staying together and staying married. Me and my wife went to the child support office today here in winnebago county here in Wisconsin and my wife told them that we are staying married and not separating. He said we are not cancelling court cause you had to be served and the thing is that they never tried to contact me. This court date is the first court date regarding child support so there is no reason to continue with this court date i am going to be missing out on 12 hours of work at 18 an hour cause i gotta go cause they wont cancel court. Plz help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/2/2015
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is there a child support order in place? Is there a judgment for past due support?

Ely, Counselor at Law