How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in a relationship years. I was asked to leave my

Customer Question

I was in a relationship for 14 years. I was asked to leave my residence 3 years ago. I had to leave my kids because the only way I would leave the house with my kids was to get into a physical altercation with my kids dad so I could get them out the house. I chose not to get in an altercation with my kids dad in front of my kids because he would not allow me to take my children with me. I have asked to have them me all the time but the only answer I get is No with no explanation. Is it possible for me to get custody of my children due to my situation and the reasons I left? I have been trying to find legal help, I believe it is in my best interest to get a lawyer but I cannot afford one, what can I do in this situation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me if the father has filed for or has received formal custody orders for the children, or not? Meaning, are there formal custody orders between the parties as to the children's custody and visitation?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.