How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hope so. My husband and I want to take a cruise next year,

Customer Question

I hope so. My husband and I want to take a cruise next year, so I'm trying to apply for his passport. He was born in Arizona, and then moved to Oklahoma at a very young age (maybe 3). He was adopted by his mother's next husband, I assume in Oklahoma. She later divorced him, and remarried another. He took his last name as well. The State Department wants documentation of all this in order to issue his passport. Where do I start? Who do I contact?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Can you tell me, do you have his birth certificate? If so, you are simply looking for the adoption paperwork?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meeting to go to right now, but I'd like to talk to you. Yes, I have his original birth certificate, but nothing after that. I don't know if one (actually 2 ) were amended or not. And yes, I just need the paperwork so I can send it to Dept. of State for his passport.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Happy to chat on the phone...or I can type up some thoughts...let me know. I am available most of the day