Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I know we need a lawyer but until we find one I have a

Customer Question
question. Situation, my son has had...
I know we need a lawyer but until we find one I have a question.
Situation, my son has had sole custody of his 3 children, ages 14, 10, 7 for 8 years, living in Tillsonburg, ON. His ex lives in Port Colborne, ON (about 2 hours away) with the 2 children she had since the break up. She did not return her 10 year old daughter yesterday. Apparently the little girl wants to live with her mom. My question: will the court listen to the child, allow her to be taken out of her home school, separate her from her brothers? She is missing school today.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2015
Family Lawyer: ulysses101,
 replied 2 years ago
ulysses101

Hello, thank you for the question.

Has your son communicated with the mother?

There's a court order between them, giving father custody?

Mom is the mother of two of the three children, right?

He has communicated by text
Yes he has a court order.
She is the mother or all 3, 2 boys and a girl.
Family Lawyer: ulysses101,
 replied 2 years ago

OK, just to clarify: what do you mean by

His ex lives in Port Colborne, ON (about 2 hours away) with the 2 children she had since the break up.

She has had 2 more children since the break up, 8 years ago
Family Lawyer: ulysses101,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for that.

When was the order made? Do you know whether it's a Superior Court or Ontario Court order?

this is not working for me, I wish to cancel
Family Lawyer: ulysses101,
 replied 2 years ago

You can ask customer service for your deposit back, but we haven't gotten anywhere yet. If you don't know which court made he order, that's fine. But you're sure that it's a court order? Can you tell me approximately when the order was made?

We'll get to whether the child's wishes are pertinent, but I need some background information to help you better.

Ely, Counselor at Law