How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27592
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife got a lawyer to file the summon and petition as we

Customer Question

My wife got a lawyer to file the summon and petition as we did talk about the big D I was shocked to come by some of her email and it was talk of this ok just not sure if I need a Lawyer but I don't want to get screwed over so what do you think,Zae have bought two property and I just feel something isnt right not that she is trying too or not , we've only been married two and a half years but all the stuff is in her name except for my truck and its in nothing did last year get part of my down payment back , and all I did was put it in my 401 k, she make more then I now and we both work at good jobs and we both have separate pensions
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You want to make sure your interest is protected and if she has an attorney, it is in your best interest to have one also. If you have only been married two and a half years and there are no children, then support may not be at issue. As such, the martial assets would need to be divided and those are things which you acquired during the marriage. If you have two properties, those would need to be disposed of or you would need to work out who takes which one, along with anything else that was bought. Ideally, you would be able to work this out in mediation but she has someone experienced helping her, so you want to make sure you do as well, so you get what you are entitled to.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions