How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 50/50 custody of my son. He is a resident of Texas

Customer Question

I have 50/50 custody of my son. He is a resident of Texas and has been for the last six years. I introduced my son to his bio father at the beginning of the summer. The third time I allowed my son to go to Oklahoma to be with his father we had an agreement that when my son was ready to come home, he would be brought back or picked up. Four days later my son wanted to come home with myself, his three year old sister and his dad (my 6 1/2 year common law husband who my son considered his father) we went to pick him up in Oklahoma and they (bio dad and his new wife) refused to give him back. Since then they have not allowed me to talk to him. It's been almost two weeks since I have seen my son. Almost a week since I have talked to him. The bio dad was absent from his life for 6 years due to him being in prison on an armed robbery charge. I had a protective order on him that expired in 2013 that covered my son and I for assaulting me in my home with my son present. My question is if I have my custody paperwork am I legally able to go get my son. If not to take him home, but to spend the day with him and give him his own phone so we can be in contact. His father is a felon and has pictures on Facebook holding a gun
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand. Is dad on the child's birth certificate?

If so, is there a current custody order in place? From what state?

Related Family Law Questions