How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have joint legal physical custody, I have bought my kids a

Customer Question

I have joint legal physical custody, I have bought my kids a cell phone each(2), and I pay monthly service, they were bought more for the days (2) weeks a month I don't have my kids,. We'll my ex wife has taken them , ( therefore I can not communicate with my kids when they are not here). And she refuses to return them to me, what can I do? Go to the police or what?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.


My name is***** and I am going to assist you with your question.

The best remedy you have is to take your ex back to court. You need to get in front of the judge and explain to him that you are being unjustly denied communication with your children when they are with your ex spouse. The marital settlement agreement typically speaks to this.

You can try calling the police, but without sufficient probably cause, they will be unlikely to get involved. This seems like it would be a zero sum game.