How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

During the time I was represented with my attorney, my ex

Customer Question

During the time I was represented with my attorney, my ex constantly emailed my attorney lengthy emails not related to topics of our discussions and then some, rants about this and that. However, I understand that my attorney was obligated to reply to my ex since I was still represented by him at that time. Without getting anywhere with these long emails, except attorney fees to me, my attorney filed a substitution of attorney and served to my ex a month ago, however my ex still continues to send lengthy emails to my attorney.
Also, my ex wants a passport for our 6.5 year old daughter now, (we have 50/50 custody), I do not feel comfortable to agree to this because at this time there's no need for our daughter to have a passport. Our current annual vacation order is we both have 10 days vacation per year during school summer breaks. If I agree to passport now, he may get airline tickets for next year out of the country and for longer than 10days, and requesting the courts to okay this since he wants to travel out of the country and wants more travel time.
Last two years he did the same thing, requesting more travel time, within the country that is, courts agreed to his "travel" time 2 days, but I was not given that same vacation time.
What are my rights and what can I do? How do I respond. Currently/technically we are both pro per.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this was a legal question, this response was not helpful in the very least. I submitted my credit card number, I hope I will not be charged. Thank you.