Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Wife left two nights ago with daughter in the middle of the

Customer Question

Wife left two nights ago with daughter in the middle of the night, told me she wanted to separate. She returned the next day for more clothes, reaffirming her position. The next day I get a call from the County telling me my parents have temporary custody of our daughter. Wife has returned home now, begging to work things out. I do not want her here after what has happened, I do believe separation is the healthiest thing.
What do I do? Do I leave or do I stay, because our daughter will not be returning to a house that both of us are living in, our marriage is completely unhealthy and we need a lot of work before that.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no substance/emotional/physical abuse, just a lot of arguing. I have no idea how my parents have been given temporary custody, but I do believe it is for the best. I do fear that my wife is going to leverage her position to get me evicted from my home.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Have you told her you do not want to continue the marriage and want to separate? Is she refusing to leave the actual marital home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Instead she's dragging people through our marriage issues and accusing me of emotional abuse/domestic violence.