How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2484
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I have a friend pick up my kids with my custody papers

Customer Question

can I have a friend pick up my kids with my custody papers in another state due to my new job.the police will be involved
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Generally, if you're trying to enforce a custody order, either you need to be present to enforce it, or the police will take the children into protective custody until you can come get them. It is rare that they will do the latter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just asking the police to go so there be no trouble
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

No other person has the power to enforce your order. Unless the order says to turn the children over to a third person, she would not be in violation if she refused to turn the kids over to your friend.