How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girl wants to drop a pfa order of 3 years on me how can

Customer Question

My girl wants to drop a pfa order of 3 years on me how can we get it dropped
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.


Typically, for a Protection from Abuse Order to be dropped, you would need the filing party to be in agreement.

This is accomplished by petitioned the Court to drop or change the order. The court can drop the "no contact" part of the order and keep the "no abuse" part or drop the order altogether depending on what the victim/filer wants.

If you want to end your 209A protective order, you can ask the court to end it. This is called getting the order "terminated."

You can get the order terminated any day during the court's regular business hours. Go to the court that gave you the order. Tell the clerk that you want to ask the judge to terminate the 209A protective order. Use the Plaintiff's Motion to Modify or Terminate Abuse Prevention Order form. Check the box on the form saying that you want the 209A order to be terminated. Write why you want it terminated.

Related Family Law Questions