How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughter (10) has dual citizenship (Swedish and

Customer Question

My granddaughter (10) has dual citizenship (Swedish and American). Her father is now remarried living in AZ and he is not paying his court ordered Swedish child support and house payments. My granddaughter lives in Stockholm. What are her options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

I will try to best answer your question.

You will need to file to register the Swedish order in Arizona County Court where Father resides. Once the Foreign Order is filed and registered you can then use power of Arizona Court to enforce order and judgment. The Swedish order will have to be a certified copy with a certified translation if not already in English. This process is slightly complicated and I would recommend hiring an Arizona attorney in the county in which father resides to pursue enforcement.