How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a custody battle, i moved to Boston a couple years

Customer Question

I am in a custody battle, i moved to Boston a couple years ago and i had a child with a man, it was a night stand, i decided to keep my daughter and he did not want the child. after she was born he did the dna and was timidely in her life. I got married to someone a year after and moved to Boston, he went to court in Queens NY and asked for full costody, to make the story short, i ve been driving back and forth to NY and the judge had ordered that i bring the baby to NY every other weekend. one month ago i missed court due to my 10 year old son been sick and she gave custody to the father because i was on trial. last week i went for visitation arrangement, i can only see my 3 year old tru web cam and i have not talk to her since and it has been 3 weeks, i am desperate to know what to do,i have no criminal charge, never smoke or drink, working mom of 3, all i do is work, church and take care my kids. i don t know who to turn to
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you have an Attorney, the Attorney should be requesting for an expedited hearing in the case along with the Motion to Vacate the Order giving him full custody because you missed the hearing date because you were tending to your ill son. So, your Attorney should file Motion for Expedited hearing on the Motion to Vacate and request that the case be put back on the hearing calendar for the father's visitation; that you have not done anything to lose custody of your child; you are a good mother and working to provide for your children.