Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Devorce! 20 years she wants out! In florida, judge gives her

Customer Question
and kids my house in...
Devorce! 20 years she wants out! In florida, judge gives her and kids my house in my name only! Put me in the woods because I had to many back surgeries?and pain management? She rents out my house for $6000 a month buys cars another place I live, i go to my lawyer with $3000 and he reads papers and gives me my money back and said nothing can be done because she has custody of hour until my daughter turns 18! Mow she wants to sell house! Fine I would like my $100,000! She has it listed for $380,000 I owe 140,000! Cool!had me Fix everything and said I owe her haft of $40,000 for matinace while she rented it at at $6,000 a month I got letter house going into forcloser because she didn't pay mortgage? I borrow$7,000 to stop it! For sale in front yard! That's contempt of court? Have no key no access! She got her relastate Lic a month ago and said go away! I can't pay anymore payments! I need to bring in a Reletor to sell it! She said no she is doing it without court permission and she is moving out this weekend! She is crazy!i need tobgobto court house and tell judge what has been going on? My lawyer wants $3500 I help me and he was my friend? Lol! So i'am going to court and see what I can do to get access to my house? A lone?p to see what can be done? She asked me for $200 to list it on MLS and ripped me off and I never miss a child support payment never! 1 - Should I try to see the judge alone? 2 - the house will be abandoned this weekend why can't I get in there and sell it? I can pay for it if I don't live there! It's a beautiful home my life's work! I'am broke can I do think on my own/By myself? How evil can a person you loved and lived with for 21 years just because you broke youo back! I pray to GOD this will get me another home at 58 if I could get a lawyer I may have a chance or go for it and go file for a meet with judge? Save all kinds of papers over the years have pictures and letters do I have hope because she thinks she knows all? (Walter)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
10/29/2015
Family Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies to you on your situation, Walter. I will try my best to answer, but it was a bit confusing to read the facts and if I missed any, please let me know and I will help clarify.

You asked:

1 - Should I try to see the judge alone?

No, you should not. With respect, going to see the judge can place you at a disadvantage because you are going to be held to the same standard as would an attorney. And that may be difficult when you have multiple issues--you'd need to know what to say, when to say it, what is relevant and really important, or when it may be best to keep something secondary.

2 - the house will be abandoned this weekend why can't I get in there and sell it?

Because legally it belongs to your ex, based on the court order.

I can pay for it if I don't live there! It's a beautiful home my life's work! I'am broke can I do think on my own/By myself?

You cannot, you'd need a court order, and for that I would urge you to retain counsel.

How evil can a person you loved and lived with for 21 years just because you broke youo back! I pray to GOD this will get me another home at 58 if I could get a lawyer I may have a chance or go for it and go file for a meet with judge? Save all kinds of papers over the years have pictures and letters do I have hope because she thinks she knows all? (Walter)

I would suggest browsing the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com. There you can search by fees, location, experience, and expertise. Unfortunately divorces are quite often the most 'evil' and acrimonious issues between parties, so what you are describing is unfortunate but not something that isn't known.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney