How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Went to court to finalize my divorce. the judge asked both

Customer Question

Went to court to finalize my divorce. the judge asked both of us if we signed the judgment we both said yes judge then asked if we both still agreed to the judgment and the other party said No. judge asked what he disagreed with and he said he did not
know. Judge told him to email me what he disagreed with but did not give him a time frame I want to file a motion with the court asking to give him a time frame due to Im ready to move on with my life and we have been separated 2 years now and I feel he is
never going to respond he is just acting out of bad faith. What forms do I use to file a motion?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

It would be a Motion to Clarify, requesting that the court clarify it's prior order instructing one party to email objections. This is not a proforma document; it needs to be drafted on pleading paper (this is on most people's word processing program).

This is a custom motion- so that it is worded to explain the facts of the case. I can't link you to any copyrighted sources, but you can google "california motion to clarify". The local law library will also have examples (for example, the Matthew Bender series has detailed examples of motions).

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link to locate an attorney:

Should you have further questions please post here to continue our dialogue. Otherwise,

kindly rate positively

as I am an individual contributor and rely on positive ratings to receive compensation for providing the requested information - this does not result in additional charges to the customer, but rather allows the site to credit my account a percentage to compensate me for my time.