How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughter is in meade cty forter care. After she was

Customer Question

My granddaughter is in meade cty forter care. After she was born they took my daughters rights away. Because she was postive for drugs she did drugs at the begiing yeswhen she lived w the father he big time dealer. My daughter first 2 children 8 & 6lived with the father' s parents . we now split them n get them every weekend after school n pick them up from school every day . well this hrandbaby ended up with the father after he clean up then he was letting us visit w her siblings . then when he went to prison he had his g i rlfried stop leting us get her witch hurt her and her sibli gs. Then when his adult kids came crying how kaylee my gdaughter was being negelected n the girfriend was using drugs he said we could never get her we dont have the money to fight for visitation. N now she was placed n meade cty 45 min from us becuz thefathersgirlfriend showed yp using the judge notice did a drug screen an took thw vavt they have not contact us our other daughter wks at that ct house an let us know n cps now wont return r calls. An in 2 yrs we was approved to shapeoron my newphew thru the same cps. N anther neice nnewphew. We know the father has said something thats a lie but we cant find out. Something is not right he got busted again over drugs n wrote .y daughw werw there daughter wss knocked down. W h at can we due he does this alot he has like 7 kids all grown cps comes in they clean up long enought to get them back n start rhe drugs n draling. How can we get r granddaughter. R daughter has been n jail r reha b this made her worse . voth daddys drugging draling n giving them to her n they get to see there kids every day .n still drugging n dealing not fare what so ever. ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, the only way to fight CPS on this foster care issue is that you have to go to court as grandparents and file a petition for family guardianship with the court. As you cannot afford a local attorney, you are going to have to go to the local legal aid office and you are going to have to get the court to order CPS to turn the child over to you. Working with CPS is generally useless, as they are the most incompetent, negligent and abusive agency you will ever encounter. Their case workers are overworked and really do not care about what is best for the child, it is easier for them to use foster care than place the child with a family member and supervise that guardianship and that is what they choose to do in most cases.

At this point you need to get a case filed in court and that means going to legal aid and also calling the state bar for the pro bono (free) attorneys in your area who could assist in representing you in court (representation is required for this type of case) and proving his lies in court to get family guardianship over the minor child.