How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is about my son and s x. They have two girls. s x

Customer Question

This is about my son and his x. They have two girls. His x didn't let the girls off at his house. So he kept. The girls for two days. This meaning they missed school. Both have filed contempt on each other also x will not allow girls to get phone calls from dad for their 15 minutes. X lawyer is trying to have court make my son pay his fees plus he wants to bring in some specialist to testify and have my son pay for him also. What should my son do, he doesn't make that much money. He barely pays his bills and child support.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your son obviously can't require his ex to forego requesting that these fees be paid by him......but the likelihood of the judge making him pay is very low (but is within the discretion of the court).

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, your son should respond and claim that he shouldn't be required to pay for her legal fees or for this expert witness's fees and he should claim that all of these filings are at the behest of his ex and not out of necessity or caused by something he's done.....which would also help him with his attempt to avoid paying these fees.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Basically, a judge usually will not grant attorney's fees/legal fees unless one party is in contempt/has violated some order and the other parent is forced to go to court to make the other parent comply.