How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1986 I became a parent. There was an a report of me using

Customer Question

In 1986 I became a foster parent. There was an a report of me using corporal punishment. The state came in and went over the rules. All was well. After that time we adopted 3 children, We closed our home we had 5 biological children and 3 adopted children.
In 1992 my husband was accused of sexually abusing my girls. DCFS asked me to go home and not say a word to anyone. It could mess up their investigation. I did !!!!! That was the longest night of my life. In the morning the social workers began their investigation.
No one had to ask me twice to take my children (6 left at home). All went well till sister and brother made claim for abuse ( physical ). This was not true. I was cleared. The brother gave a lot of problems in high school. He had to be taken for drug test(which
I did) Was sent to parenting classes (I did). Adopted daughter was acting out in school(sexually) School wanted her expelled (was in high school). I went to school board fought for her right for education. They sent out a teacher to do a type of home school.
She ended up Pregnant . I did not kick her out of the house. I did what I feel every mother should do. I stood by her side. Guess when she turned 17 she moved out. DCFS came to my house asked me if I would take her back in the home. I told them I never kicked
her out. She came home for a short time then left again. In 2005 DCFS went to court giving me guardianship 2 of her children. About 2 years ago it came out that Biological brother and sister slept together. One of children I was given guardianship of was that
child. After he finds out he sleeps with his sister. He is removed from home. Now my youngest bio, daughter was doing drugs. I was keeping one of her babies. She had a dirty drug test when she went in to have baby. They did not let her take her baby home to
give her a chance to get act together. They then came and removed child I had. Daughter is in a program so far so good. DCFS said it is because of family history they wouldn't place children. They did when it was adopted children. They let me adopt after the
corporal punishment incident. Now it is a biological child they wont. My personal belief is they have no intension of returning the boys too easy to adopt them out. We have been lied lo
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I have read your facts and I am sorry to hear that you find yourself in this situation. What specifically is your question? How can I assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get my grandsons placed in my home. My home is safe he has been living here for past 9 months before he was taken.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.


You would need to go to court and challenge the DCFS's order. In essence you would need to provide evidence to the judge that you are fit, that where you reside now is 'fit' for caring of children, and also that because you are the closest biological relative, it would be in the best interest of the grandchildren to be with you. That is really key, you need to stress that doing so is in their best interest, not yours. At the same time you would need to defend vigorously past issues and point out why past concerns under your supervision were not your responsibility. You have listed a lot of past concerns, and that is taken into consideration by the courts. If you have proof that all of them were released, waived, or you were cleared, that is evidence that you must show to the court that you are fit and that the state in this case is acting unreasonably.


Dimitry, Esq.

Related Family Law Questions