Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We live in Utah. My daughter has been married three years,

Customer Question

We live in Utah. My daughter has been married three years, they have no assets, and no money and they are getting divorced. Her husband is trying to get alimony from her. He is a vet, and has a lawyer through the military but is only in the reserves, and was discharged about 6 months ago. It seems to me that he has no case for alimony, or would not be granted it, but before we spend thousands on an attorney, I thought I would see what her risk is and if he is likely to be granted alimony. Can you help?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Does he work? Does she work? Who earns more? Do they have kids together?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.