How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27643
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently divorced. My ex has new boy friend moved in not a

Customer Question

Recently divorced. My ex has new boy friend moved in not a great guy has lost rights to his kids and lives with mine. Do I have a right to know what type of action he has done to lose his kids and get to be around mine I know he has been on meth in the past
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. This is not necessarily a situation where you can demand and he or she has to tell you but if he is living with her and the kids, you can object to this and address it with the court. Seeing how they are dating, you can ask the Judge to ask that he not live there or stay overnight, when she has the children. You shared that you are recently divorced, so you can argue that it is not in the best interest of the children to have a stranger living with them and in their presence, since this is all very new to them and there can be confusion as to what is going on. Moreover, there is concern for the kids, if he uses drugs and has had his parental rights terminated, since you want to make sure the children are in no harm or danger, when he is present. You can see if there is anything in the public records which could tell you what happened but if not, you can bring this matter before the court.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions