Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I applied, but i am about to file VAWA, will i have to proof

Customer Question
I applied for AOS, but...
I applied for AOS, but i am about to file VAWA, will i have to proof a "good faith" marriage on my filling or DHS will use the previous proof as i was filling AOS?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
10/25/2015
Family Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Yes, it is one of the elements. Here is a good article:

http://niwaplibrary.wcl.american.edu/reference/additional-materials/materials-for-adjudicators-and-judges/reports-memos-social-science-research-and-related-data/Good-Faith-Marriage-2.17.13.pdf

The proof that was previously filed can be used, but the burden of proof is on you.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Lawyer