Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My granddaughter was expecting her baby and she was having

Customer Question
problems caring the baby she...
My granddaughter was expecting her baby and she was having problems caring the baby she had to go to hospital because she was to small to carry it several times so they gave her morphine and she ask them would it hurt the baby and they said it would not hurt it that it would stop the baby from coming because it was to early for it to come they thought that it's lungs was not developed so Nichole thought her baby was going to die so she started having pains again so her husband found her a morphine and she broke off a piece but it did not stop the pains and the baby came he was ok so they found the morphine in her system and they called Dhr they took her baby two days after it was born they have not give it back yet so Dhr has a lawyer for the baby she they will not let the mother or daddy see the baby they gave her husband mother temporary custody the black attorney will not let them see the baby they have no reason for that Nichole does not do drugs and and never has. She lived with me .we never had a problem with her with anything.they have done hair test and all of that I think it goes back 180 days. Dhr said that they did not have anything to do with the mother and dad not getting to see it that it was the black lawyer doing it she does not have any child so she don't know what the love of a mother is.what can we do to get our baby home they have had it from 30 th of January this is so out of hand and I think it's because the black lawyer is working for the state and she is pushing as long as she can I could understand if Nichole was on drugs but she is not and never has been. Thank you. Sharon xxxxxxxxxx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/25/2015
Family Lawyer: mmdesq, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney

Good Afternoon,

I will try to best answer your question.

If your daughter is not on drugs and has passed a hair follicle test this will help establish that she has not used in the last 90 days. I would further recommend getting a nail test as those go back approximately 6 months. This will establish that she has not used for a six month window. I would recommend filing for a review hearing before DHS live these test results and requesting the return of the child. If the child is not placed under a DHS order then you need to file a petition to modify custody seeking the return of your grandchild. Options do I guess you there is no basis as to why your daughter should not have custody. You need to try to get this matter before the court as soon as possible to avoid establishing a status quo for the child in the current placement. Get the nail test results in file as soon as possible.

If you do not have the funds to hire a private lawyer, I would recommend contacting the clerk of courts for the county you are in to ask about pro bono services..

Ely, Counselor at Law