Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

If the judge rules to stop child support until a DNA is

Customer Question

If the judge rules to stop child support until a DNA is taken, and after 11 years take the Dna if find out that hes the father does he pay arrears, or go back to court for the judge ruling to start paying child support
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Hi, if the parent in this case was never formally listed on the birth certificate and was never formally found to be the father (there was no paternity order), then child support begins from date paternity is formally established. There are no arrears to pursue because before that fact there was no formal parental relationship and therefore no obligation to pay support.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.