Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Grandparents rights. Son is currently running from law MO.

Customer Question
and AR. Mother of...
grandparents rights. Son is currently running from law MO. and AR. Mother of child with him. Both on drugs. I contacted cps hotline twice. Case worker has been assigned. I have not been contacted yet for results did she show grandson to cps, have police found them yet etc. He is 1 1/2 yrs old. They were in Sulphur Springs. All phone numbers not active. I want to see him and make sure his life is better. John the father my son is dangerous and in and out of prison for drugs, probation violation, weapons etc. I have no idea where to go from here.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
10/25/2015
Family Lawyer: mmdesq, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

I would recommend filing a petition for immediate custody of your grandson. The petition can be an emergency ex parte under the circumstances and based upon your allegations. Grandparents have rights via statue to file for custody and or visitation. I would continue your efforts with CPS and police to try to find location of grandson. I do recommend continuing your pursuit of grandson in the interim so that way you have an order in place once they are located to obtain the child and have a right to the grandson. Have an order in place would also ensure that if CPS obtained custody of the child he is placed with you as opposed to a foster family.

how do i file a petition for immediate custody. So do I go to Arkansas asap can I file without attorney if so how and how do i get proper paperwork.

Jurisdiction will be where the child resided on a primary basis in the last 6 months. I would advise hiring an attorney. If you wish to try to pursue it yourself you will need to go to the law library to obtain assistance drafting of pleadings. The first putting will be entitled emergency petition for ex parte order of sole lphysical custody.

thank you so much will do

Your welcome.

mmdesq
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney