How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does the divorce process work when one party refuses to

Customer Question

How does the divorce process work when one party refuses to sign the agreement? It's out of spite, we both want to be divorced but she refuses to sign anything... I haven't spoke with anyone about this yet, I don't even know if I should, if she won't sign
anything then will it be a waste of time? We don't have an kids or anything, just a bank account that we've agreed to split.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

If she refuses to cooperate, then you need to ask for a trial date. At the trial, you can ask that the divorce be granted and that the account be divided. The Court can grant your requests, even if she signs nothing and/or doesn't show up.