How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16713
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a relationship takes the step to move in with each other.

Customer Question

If a relationship takes the step to move in with each other. What are best ways to legally protect each other's assets and independence with respect to public assistance, income tax,
Social security and previous marriage pension and social security? One partner well established while other is on public assistance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
Are you planing to get legally married or legalize your relationship in any other way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No plans for marriage or legalizing relationship. Both over 60 years old. One widowed one divorced
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Because, Pennsylvania does has abolished common law marriage, generally, as long as, two adults do not legalize their relationship and keep their finances separate, there would not be any legal risks or legal obligation created, if these two people decide to cohabit together.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.