How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to get guardianship over my mother who is a

Customer Question

I'm trying to get guardianship over my mother who is a coma because her husband don't have her best interest. My lawyer told me to get paperwork from the doctor stating my mother condition but they won't give me the information. What do i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

You can file a petition challenging husband's guardianship and asking that he be replaced for failing to carry out his duties in the wards best interest. When you have initI ate the action in court you will be able to utilize discovery to have access to medical records to review his decision-making regarding her care. Absent filing a petition to obtain court authority for records you will not have access to her medical information. The medical providers simply will not be authorized to release it to you.

I hope this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck with these difficult circumstances.