Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need to find out where I can get a form off line to print

Customer Question

hello I need to find out where I can get a form off line to print I'm filling for divorce no children in state of Oregon Umatilla county and we are currently living in the same home I'm asking for house in divorce and am wanting a order for exclusive occupancy
or a ex parte for marital home it allows me to stay in house and he will have to leave until final papers signed by judge, Under these circumstances things are getting very unstable and I feel when I file its going to get worse I cant find the form I'm looking
for on line so I can get filled out and file ASAP thank you Mona Jordan
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. You can find the forms necessary to fill out along with instructions and even instructional videos HERE.

Now, understand that to ask for temporary orders, one needs to file extra pleadings. The above is only for initiating the divorce, and concluding it. While the suit is pending, one can file a motion for temporary orders. You can find this HERE. NOTE that it is geared towards child issues, but may be used for other purposes as well.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the temp order do I mark other and then write what it is that I'm requesting and why and any advice on what I should be writing to get judge to sign this in my favor
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Yes, "other" would be the best category.

While there is no "silver bullet," it would be best to explain that the request is FAIR, and that he has more resources and more ability to find room and board while the suit is pending than someone in your situation does. And, that it is not possible to live together.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I saw at one time a form that in a little area there was apart about the marital home and requesting that I have right to be in it till final papers signed I just cant find that form there was other stuff on it and it was a very small area I need to know what that form was and where I cant find or I'm just over looking
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Understand that forms are simply pre-made versions of pleadings to the Court. The most common pleadings such as motion to continue, generic complaint, etc, are made into forms. But not all pleadings are made into forms and not all forms are all-inclusive.

I am not sure what form you may be citing, and even if you are, it may not be proper as it may be a version of a pleading not proper to the situation. The temporary motion forms (second link in my original answer) is proper for a "catch all" temporary orders request in such a situation. The "other" paragraph with open lines on the bottom of page one gives the movant (party filing the motion) space to request any temporary orders they want.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
under other I'm gong to write I'm requesting exclusive occupancy of marital home (address of home legal description) due to intolerable living circumstance in fear of things escalating after divorce paper are filed do I need any attached paper like evidence of past problems of 3 party writings of his behavor
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like a good start.

There is no requirement to attach affidavits or proof, but it would help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant just be a good start I need more how about a restraining order
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

The problem is that I cannot draft legal documents for you or tell you what to write. JustAnswer experts cannot do this via this website.

I can review what you wrote and give some general pointers, for example. My apologies for the limitations.