Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question regarding residency in the state of North

Customer Question

I have a question regarding residency in the state of North Carolina. I am divorced and pay child support via probate as well as have structured visitation. I recently have gone home to Massachusetts to visit my parents. This visit may extend over time beyond 30 days. I was wondering what advice you might offer for me in that I made not be in the state for extended periods and how that may affect my residency status.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This depends on what you mean by "residency status." Residency means different things for different situations. Are you asking about how you overextending your visit (while in Massachusetts) may affect the ex's ability to enforce custody? Or are you asking about taxes? Or child support? What exactly is the issue here?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.