How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Missouri. In 2010 my x girlfriend put an order of

Customer Question

I live in Missouri. In 2010 my x girlfriend put an order of protection on me. She cancelled it a couple of months later. The case shows up on Case Net any time you look my name up. The X has written letters to the court asking that the case be removed because it was all a mistake to begin with. I am an elementary school teacher. It is impossible for me to get a job with that showing up on case net. They have also added that there was some sexual about it. There was not. The X has told them many time that all I really did was answer her text. How can I get that case off Case Net???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Was this civil or criminal case?

Is the court record showing up on a private website?

Please clarify

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was a civil case. Court record is open to the public. Any one cane see it by goint to MO case net. ..then typing in my name
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, civil cases are public records, and only in extremely exception circumstances a judge might grant a petition to seal a civil court record, but generally, it would be in cases where one of the parties to the case is in imminent danger of physical harm or death if the case record is not sealed.

However, it would generally be a good idea to hire a local civil litigation attorney to file Petition to Seal Court Record, even though the chances of success might be limited, it would be the only option as far as sealing civil court record.

You can find an experienced and skilled local civil litigation attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to civil litigation, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was the first time anything like that happened to me. I am a law abiding citizen. When in court I asked the Judge if I could have time to find a lawyer. I was served papers on a Friday and had to be in court on Monday. She would not let me get a lawyer. This is keeping me from getting a job.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

The facts that you have mentioned can be stated by your local attorney in support of the Motion to Seal Court Record.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.