How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102496
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Minnesota and my husband Kepple lives in

Customer Question

My name is***** live in Minnesota and my husband Robert Kepple lives in Pennsylvania. We have been separated for almost 3 years. He 67 and I am 66 (fixed incomes). He filed divorce papers - I have copies etc. I am not contesting the divorce but I have just a couple questions. Is there anyway possible to talk by phone for a few minutes. Email is hard for me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. JustAnswer does allow a phone call, although it may be extra. You should see an offer for it on your end and can request it. Note: The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts will receive the request as well, and they may agree to the call. They will also have your question(s) and my answer(s) to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just need to know if I have to wait 90 days to reply to Westmoreland county or can I send paperwork in immediately...
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

No an Answer must be filed within 30 days or someone in your situation would risk default judgment against you. There is no need to wait 90 days - quite the opposite, one wants to respond ASAP and within 30 days.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!