How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9396
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a grandbaby whom I can't see because the mother of

Customer Question

I have a grandbaby whom I can't see because the mother of the child refuses to allow my son to pick up his daughter. My son pays his child support religiously. My grandbaby is 2 1/2 years old. Six months ago, when she became two my son was no longer responsible to pay his end together with her end of the child support. The law allows custodial parent not to work for the first two years. Subsequently, my son has been obligated to pay both his and in her end. He trying to get relief becauses the two-year arrangement has been up as of November 2014. She is currently working but is her income is not calculated in the child support equation. Obviously, this is not fair to my son...what would be the best way to expedite this situation so that my son can stop paying her end of support. Noteworthy as well, the baby is currently residing with my son full time and he has applied for an emergency custody hearing due to the unhealthy conditions that exist in the custodial parents home.

He is not taking the child back to the custodial parent, just based on child support only in record, because there are seven people living in the dwelling is only designed for a family of four. The custodial parent lives on a single top floor apartment with her parents. There are only two bedrooms and one bath. Her brother occupy one-bedroom. She occupies the other bed room with her younger sister. The three-year-old baby( my sons daughter) does not have a bed of her own. Worse yet, her parents bed room is the "living room."

There is round-the-clock bickering and arguing in the apartment. Mr. Scott ( just attacked the private processor a lady in her mid-40s ) has a very violent temper. The police were called after he was banging on her car window throwing the papers back at her yelling pretty doesn't live here. Similarly, Brittany the custodial mother deliberately jetted off with her car while my son was reaching for his parking pass on her rearview mirror( this incident happened about two years ago). Her insurance company settled out of court for $20,000. She has an extreme bipolar disorder. Undocumented.

Please advise

Read more:

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post.

Please clarify, were the parents married? If not, is there an existing court order that specifies custody and visitation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The parents were never married. No, there is not an existing court order that specifies custody and visitation.

Thank you so much for your anticipated cooperation.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Did the father sign an acknowledgment of paternity? Is he named on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

blood work was taken. The results confirmed him being the father. He is father on record through child support agencies. He has been paying child support every since the baby was born.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

The father can go to court to get an order for custody and visitation.

He can get a free consultation from some of the child custody attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.