How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Post Judgement, Family Law - NO Child Support. I am

Customer Question

Post Judgement, Family Law - NO Child Support. I am requesting a modification for visitation, final decision and primary residence still keeping Joint Custody even though there is exposure to domestic violence. Our first court date was September 30, me, my attorney and my ex attorney met with family relations; My ex was not there. We were ordered to have a family relations screening today, 10/20 at 9am. My ex was aware of a screening(not necessarily the date/time) being that he moved twice and that is the address it was sent to was incorrect) but because he never got the letter from family relations for a screening with the date and time he declined to follow up so he never showed up. We were scheduled for a court date tomorrow 10/21 he knew it was anticipated before the court date. Anything other than another family relations referral that can be done? Please help? This is
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

I would argue at the hearing tomorrow that x is deliberately avoiding proceedings. He had an obligation to keep court apprised of his address. If his lawyer knew to be present for family relations then he or she sound have notified x. I would at least raise this argument to avoid rescheduling yet again. If judge does allow reschedule request all costs and your attorney fees be placed on x as he has created this extra cost.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.