LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Is putting pepper sauce on your finger then putting it in

Customer Question

Is putting pepper sauce on your finger then putting it in your child's mouth on their tongue and gums from your finger considered child abuse. Then you hand them something to drink right afterwards?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, forcing a child to consume straight pepper sauce---even if it is just a limited amount placed on your finger, and regardless of whether they are given something to drink, is consider child abuse under the laws of all states, including NC. http://statelaws.findlaw.com/north-carolina-law/north-carolina-child-abuse-laws.html

The child abuse laws in NC also prohibits using cruel or grossly inappropriate procedures in an effort to modify a child's behavior.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug