How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married to my wife we had no children and. Quit work

Customer Question

I was married to my wife for 12years we had no children and. Quit work after we married. We were separated 3 years before the divorce. She got the house,half, my retirement, and 1,100.00 dollars a month.she is 7years older than me 67 and I am 60. She is drawing her first husband social security and alimony .we have been divorced for 7 years would her drawing his social security not be a change in cerci stances,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, her drawing social security would be considered receipt of income and would constitute a significant change in circumstances allowing you to file a Motion to Modify Spousal Support at this time and seek the reduction or termination of all alimony that you presently are paying.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,