Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have only been getting 1500 a month support and I have

Customer Question
I have only been getting...
I have only been getting 1500 a month for child support and I have three kids. I was just told my ex husband should pay more. He is a airline pilot and makes 305,000 a year. What should I be getting or is 1500 standard? I do not work but I had spousal
support. He pays the insurance which is about 500 a month. I pay for everything else.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
10/20/2015
Family Lawyer: mmdesq, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

I'm that this amount is based upon a private agreement, as if it was a support proceeding through court they would make a recommendation as to the amount based upon incomes of the parties. This amount Seaman definitely low considering three children and his salary. I would highly recommend filing an action for support through the courts immediately.

I hope that this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

The spousal support was an agreement between my ex and I but he has decide to take away the spousal support since I moved in with my Fiancé. We sided heavier to spousal support so he has a tax right off. Basically he screwed me.Is there a formula I should follow? One of my kids will graduate in June.

Spousal support income should not have an effect upon the child support. Actually it should result in an increase in child support since you will no longer receive a deduction for what he pays you for spousal and that will no longer be added to your side of the equation.

mmdesq
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney