Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Ma'am I'm in a awkward situation 16 years ago a woman I was

Customer Question
ma'am I'm in a awkward...
ma'am I'm in a awkward situation 16 years ago a woman I was in a relationship with got pregnant and I was Informed of two men she had been with while she was pregnant and she never wanted to take the paternity test even when I offered to pay for it and wanted me to pay her in cash for support under the table and would threaten me if I didn't do so she would have my truck taken away etc but she never filed a couple of years after she moved to California to marry a gentleman in the military I knew of her where abouts there I still tried to keep in contact then they moved from that adress then they cut me off after that a couple weeks ago she contacted me for money I mentioned the paternity again and it sparked a argument saying I would look like a fool for Wanting a paternity she was being really petty and spiteful she says fine I'll file I could have done all these years anyway and when I asked why didn't she she hung up.i know she's in new York and will be here next year year cause her husband will be stationed here for a couple of years I don't get it why would she be Waiting this long when back Then I was willing to pay 450 dollars for a paternity test?! I'm just trying to make sense of this hopefully you can help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good morning. Can you share with me what your question is? Do you want to know if you should and do have to pay this?

Ely, Counselor at Law