How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question relates to my 2yr old and s name change. I was

Customer Question

My question relates to my 2yr old and his name change. I was not married to his biological farther, within the last three months I have been going back and forth thru my attorney and his farther who did not retain an attorney legal court papers were signed and notorized by this person. He contacted me the night before thru a text stating he will not say anything stupid to derail this name change prior to the following day in court. When standing before the judge she asked was this the case where the biological farther is reseeding on the name change. My attorney asked when this resendinding of the name happened since the judge
Knew prior to this hearing. He blindsided me and never let me know what his intentions were to resend on his oral and notorized commitment.can I sue him for the $5,000 in lawyer and court fees in small claims court.thank you for your attention to this matter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

You can sue in NJ small claims court for up to $3000. But you would have basis for a case. You would only need to alter the amount you are seeking.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

The $5000 cap only applies to a Landlord/Tenant matter.